Materials Planner - Houston, TX
The Materials Planner is responsible for ensuring material supply to fulfill requirements across all US sites, according to commodity. The Planner will collaborate closely with other functions to ensure component demand aligns with overall asset planning and product strategy. This position will be on the Materials team, with other planners and reporting to the Materials Director.
- Release material requisitions in order to ensure material availability in line with requirements. Organize material transfers to move material from the distribution center to regional sites or from one site to another to the same end.
- Action relevant exception messages to re-align supply with demand.
- Continuously work with the asset management team to match component demand to regional needs for the product. Update systematic component demand to reflect those needs.
- Serve as point of contact for regional teams when urgent needs arise; develop and execute solutions.
- Communicate with sites and stakeholders to relay progress to plan.
- Drive material standardization and material substitutions where relevant. Operationalize results with regional teams.
- Monitor the integrity of item master data and order statuses, and drive corrections where needed to ensure MRP signals are correct.
- Collaborate with the rest of the materials team to improve stocking strategies and long-term forecasting plans.
- Balance delivery, cost, and inventory in all decisions.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and experience in, or exposure to, production and repair environments. Advanced process and product knowledge are preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, or other ERP systems
- Expertise in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and replenishment programs
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytical thinking and ability to translate data into action
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills and ability to effectively influence within a matrix organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent knowledge
- Experience. APICS CPIM is preferred
*** No relocation provided ***
Job Type: Full-time
Send Resume to email@example.com